Hino Heroes - Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter of this promotion is Hino Motor Sales Australia Pty Ltd of 6-10 Parraweena Rd, Caringbah NSW 2229 (“Promoter”).
3. These Terms and Conditions apply solely to the “Hino Heroes” promotion (“Promotion”).
4. Entry is open to Australian residents only and must be 18 years or older.
5. The Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon criteria outlined in clause 10. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
6. The Promotion will be communicated on social through the following channel:
7. There is no entry fee.
8. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and Hino dealer and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
9. Promotion commences at 6:00pm on Sunday, 21st May 2017 ends at 11:59pm on Thursday, 6th July 2017. (“Promotional Period”). After this date no further entries to the Promotion will be permitted. All times indicated in these Terms and Conditions are in AEDT, unless specified otherwise.
10. To enter, visit http://www.hino.com.au/hino-heroes/ Fill out your details, include an image of your truck and answer the following questions:
The key criterion is the originality and your ability to showcase how big of a Hino Hero you are and your story should include responses to the following:
o Tell us about your business?
o What model is your Hino?
o How many kilometres on the clock?
o Why did you choose Hino as your choice of truck?
11. Entries that are incomprehensible, illegal, incomplete or do not meet the criteria set out in clause 10 above will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
12. Entrants in the competition may enter once only and not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. This includes the right to recover the value of the prize in circumstances where the winner accepts the prize and subsequently cancels the order that gave rise to their entry in the prize draw.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity; proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner is unable or unwilling to satisfy the aforementioned identification conditions, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
14. This Promotion will be held three times throughout the months of May – July.
One (1) winner will be drawn on each of the following dates and on Friday 14h July Big Rigs will confirm which business they will run an exclusive story on.
o Friday, 9th June 2017
o Friday, 7th July 2017
The winners will be drawn at 11:00am and announced on the Hino Motor Sales Facebook page thereafter. Each winner will be notified by phone or email within 48 hours of being drawn.
15. The prize draw will take place at HMSA head office, 6-10 Parraweena Road, Caringbah NSW 2229. All entries will be judged based on the criteria set out in clause 10 and a total of three (3) x winners will be drawn.
16. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order. In the event that an ineligible entry is drawn or the Promoter is unable to contact the winner within seven (7) days of the prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and the new winner will be the first valid runner up entry that was selected.
17. The new winner will be notified via phone or email
18. The prize to win under this Promotion are as follows:
- One (1) winner per month until 7th July 2017 will have their story live on http://www.hino.com.au and a post will be scheduled on the Hino Australia Facebook and Linkedin pages promoting their story. Please note original content submission may be amended to fit with Hino corporate guidelines.
- One (1) winner per month will also receive a $100 fuel card voucher.
- One (1) overall winner will receive the major prize, an exclusive editorial piece with Big Rigs which has a circulation number of 28,540.
19. You acknowledge, understand and agree that Promoter is under no obligation to review, consider, publish or otherwise use all the Submission or to develop, continue to develop or otherwise produce any other material or content, whether or not involving your or anyone else's Submission.
20. The total prize pool value is $300 incl GST
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter correspondence regarding the competition results or winning entry. The prize package is non-transferrable and non-negotiable.
22. In the event of any form of intervention by an act outside the control of the Promoter, including an event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, war, or an act of terrorism, the Promoter may subject to the applicable laws and regulations, in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss arising from or in connection with any prize, these Terms and Conditions, or any personal injury or death suffered or incurred by a prize winner, save as for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and/or Terms without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as practicable by the Promoter.
25. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
27. As a condition of entering this Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
28. Entrants must acknowledge, understand and agree that the submission becomes the property of the Promoter. The Promoter is not under any obligation to provide the entrant with any compensation or credit (verbal or written) for the submission. The entrant must represent and warrant that the submission is original, there are no adverse claims and it does not violate any copyright, trademark, tradename or the rights of any third party, and is not otherwise unlawful.
29. Entrants must acknowledge that other persons may have submitted similar photographs, ideas, or other material to the Promoter and that the caption and description of any published material will reflect that of the submission that is chosen to be made public.
30. Entrants must acknowledge, understand and agree that:
(a) There does not now exist, nor has there ever existed, nor will there exist, a fiduciary or confidential relationship between them and the Promoter and that the Submission is not being submitted in confidence or in trust, nor are entrants an agent nor acting on behalf of or as a representative of the Promoter in connection with the Submission;
(b) All entrants are making this submission on a voluntary and unsolicited basis;
31. Liability for any tax (other than FBT) arising out of participation in this promotion (including acceptance of a prize) is the sole responsibility of the entrant. Entrants should seek independent financial advice in this regard.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
33. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of a prize.